NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I had lunch with some friends today and afterwards I popped my hood to
show one of them the new Eurosport stress bars I put on it.  I noticed a
little coolant was weeping from the top left of the radiator.  It wasn't much
so I drove home and watched the temp gauge which read normal all the way
home.  When I got home, I let it idle awhile and checked again for leaks.
Nothing, so I turned her off and let it sit for a few minutes for the
pressure to build.  Still nothing new.  I decided to check the coolant level
and slowly opened the cap on the overflow.  It burped out this nasty stuff
that looked like mud, kinda brownish tan in color.  My first thought was of
course "headgasket" so I checked the oil.  It was about half a quart low,
but, didn't show any signs of water/sludge/foam/etc.

Here's what I'm thinking and I'm looking for your input (plus, I HOPE I'm
right):  My thinking is that the water/oil cooler has sprung a leak inside
and is letting oil under pressure into the coolant.  Tomorrow I'm going take
that sucker off and replace the hoses and oil filter sleeve with the ones
from my old Rocco and bypass that cooler altogether.  Then I'll flush the
coolant, change the oil (and check it for any signs of water) and keep my
fingers crossed.

Any thoughts?  Ideas?  Assurances?  Do these things go often???

Tom