Re: Wiper problems - need advice

You should start by just trying to tighten the nut that holds the arm onto
the shaft, as it may just be loose.  If, the shaft is broken, you will
realize it pretty quickly.  This happened to me lately, and I just went to
the junk yard, and got the whole assembly to swap.  cost me $10 and only
takes about 15mintues to swap out.  Not sure, but it looks like most A1 vws
have the same assembly (except early scirocco, with only one arm!)