Sun Roof Repair

I have recently purchased a 1985 Scirocco 8v. The sun
roof does not crank back into the open position
however it will still lift up in the rear. Does anyone
have any experience with this? Should I attempt this
myself with no previous roof experience? Can I do it
from a manual? If so, which do you recommend. What, if
any parts does it sound like are broken? Has anyone
had this problem repaired by a third party? Expensive?
Any help towards this subject will be greatly
appreciated.

I have just located this list today and am excited to
have it as a resource.

Thanks.

Hank Bragg