Re: Auto vs. Manual

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Michael Friesen wrote:

> In my experience, my auto goes 0-60 in about an hour.  heheheh.
> Actually it's more like 20 seconds.  Problem with the auto is it ends up
> running high revs (4500+) around 130 kph, in third gear, and at around
> 80 kph/50 mph the acceleration plummets.  I personally am looking
> forward to my conversion this spring and will be glad to be rid of the
> crappy auto.

You know what I found very interesting Mike? Is that this 3 speed Auto
runs the same RPMS on the highway as the close ratio 5speeds in 5th!
About 4000 RPM at 80 mph.  Rather interesting.  And the autos don't
accelerate that bad if you force them to rev higher before shifting (by
keeping it in one, then popping it to 2 then into D finally).

Eric