Re: 16V Handling -- a story of autox woes......

Going slower to go faster has been the only thing I have done on the track
which has actually lowered my times. I guess I just have a tendency to fight
the car too much.
When I try using second around the turns it seems like I loose to many revs,
as when I exit the turn by the time  the 16V starts to hit its stride (3K
rpm) I have to back out and get on the brakes for the next turn. This has
alot to do with course setup since when I was racing Iowa the tracks were all
two lap since they are VERY small....when I met Mannix at my first autox in
CO the track was huge! I was hitting 5K in 4th on some of the straights. Oh
well...well see what this season brings with a better cam, tires, and
suspension. Its funny when I met list member EricP and his 16V in Iowa we
raced on the track and he smoked every time, he did have modified suspension
and I was stock. But straight line I could pull on him hehe.

Shannon
"Better to burn out than to fade away"
87 16V w/210,000 mi.