From: "Dave & Carol" <dcewing@prodigy.net>
To: "Scirocco List" <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Fw: Handling -- a story
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 21:55:12 -0800

This does seem odd especially when everyone tells us to stiffen the rear up
tighter than the front.  Some autocrossers that I know don't do anything to
the front and make the rear rock solid.  You could always put the rear bar
on and then pull it if it doesn't improve things.  Have you had a 16v
Scirocco before?  I've noticed that after driving a Rabbit or Jetta for
years that once you get into a car that is setup for performance from the
factory, the handling blows you away and you think it cannot be improved on
when it actually can!!!  It is great that you got it to handle so well, but
if you do try the rear bar, you can always take it off and I am sure someone
here on the list will take it off your hands for you or maybe you can make
it fit an Accord or something for your wife!! (Hee Hee).  Just get her a
Jetta or Passat and she'll be happy!!!!  HTH

Dave