Re: Clutch Favorites

>What are everyone's brand/model preferences for replacing the stock clutch?
>
>I don't race my 16V, don't have enough money for a 'Sport' package (don't
>really think I want a sport clutch anyways) but I WOULD like some added
>performance.
>
>I'm leaning towards getting a Centerforce DF clutch, their sales blurb says
>they give something like 50-80% more clamping pressure than a stock, but
>it's not that much more expensive than a Sachs.  Anbody have experience with
>these guys?
>
>Also, Schroeder's VW tuning book (and the other one, too) both basically say
>to stick with the Sachs.  Am I potentially wasting time and money for
>nothing?
>
>Thanks for any help
>
>Christopher
>87 16V

Don't forget the pressure plate. I'm running a Sachs 2L 16v sport
clutch (the good one they don't make anymore), and a sport pressure
plate.  I really like the grab they make together, and the pedal
effort while greater then the stock 1.8L 16v pieces, isn't over
bearing.  I'd suggest calling the potterman and checking on pricing
and availability...he made my setup his guinea pig! :)  He liked it
when he got a chance to take a spin in it at Waterfest last year.

==Brett