Re: Clutch Favorites

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:28:15 -0800  Christopher Mueller
<cmueller@sciarc.edu> writes:

>I don't race my 16V, don't have enough money for a 'Sport' package
(don't
>really think I want a sport clutch anyways) but I WOULD like some added
>performance.

Then there's nothing to gain by having a stock car with a "performance"
clutch.

>Also, Schroeder's VW tuning book (and the other one, too) both
>basically say
>to stick with the Sachs.  Am I potentially wasting time and money for
>nothing?

Thats good advice. The 16V clutch is a good performing clutch as it is.
No need to upgrade unless you have the power which would require more
clamping force in order to get the the power to the wheels. Just get the
stock Sachs clutch, youll be happy with it. If you want to spend some
money for performance, get yourself a lightened flywheel when you replace
the clutch. I promise you will like it. Especially on a 16v!
Otherwise, you can just spend the money on suspension upgrades.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and