New Stuff

I just got my new front mesh grill for my Rocco 2.  It's the one that Rapid
Parts sells from JE Designs ($159, yikes).  Well, first of all, it's made for
the Euro bumpers, which I don't have.  I had to trim the little braces for
the trim piece between the bumper and the grill to get the bottom part of it
to fit.  I also (and I hated to do it) had to trim about 1/4" off of the
metal support for the hood safety catch because the grill wouldn't go in far
enough.  Then when I tried to drill the holes for the mounting screws, the
thing cracked like you wouldn't believe.  Really brittle fiberglass there.
Anyway, I got it all mounted and it looks OK.  I'll have to take it off again
to paint it since it's just gel-coated white right now.

Like I said, it looks OK, but, I don't think it's worth what I paid for it.
Maybe $69 or $79 bucks or so would have been worth it, but, not $159.  Too
late to send it back now though since I already cracked the damn thing
(luckily it's underneath where you can't see it when it's mounted).

Just thought you all might like to know since somebody else already
complained about the JE Design taillight filler panel.

Tom