Re: 16v Downpipe/motor mount

Doesn't TT sell a cat eliminator pipe for this purpose? I choped the cat off
my downpipe and welded straight pipe in its place and havent had any problem
except for a dead muffler. Which I just replaced temporarily with a
flowmaster (VERY VERY LOUD). I really dont like that one. HTH

>From: "Dave & Carol" <dcewing@prodigy.net>
>To: "Scirocco List" <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: 16v Downpipe/motor mount
>Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 20:38:07 -0800
>
>About 3 months ago I cut out my flexes on the 16v downpipe and installed
>straight pipe because they were leaking.  I then stuck a generic flex pipe
>after the downpipe.  Now, about 3 months later, the flex pipe is leaking.
>got a Jetta stock downpipe from the salvage yard today and I think I will
>just cut the flex part off and put it on my system then get rid of the flex
>pipe.  What do you think!!  Plus, should I put a tougher rear mount on too!
>I already have the urethane mount on the front.  TIA!! LMK!!
>
>Dave
>77 16v
>

>--

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco