16v Downpipe/motor mount

About 3 months ago I cut out my flexes on the 16v downpipe and installed
straight pipe because they were leaking.  I then stuck a generic flex pipe
after the downpipe.  Now, about 3 months later, the flex pipe is leaking.  I
got a Jetta stock downpipe from the salvage yard today and I think I will
just cut the flex part off and put it on my system then get rid of the flex
pipe.  What do you think!!  Plus, should I put a tougher rear mount on too!
I already have the urethane mount on the front.  TIA!! LMK!!

Dave
77 16v