Fw: upper strut bushings

I did this same thing.  I ground down the bushings because I thought that it
had way too much looseness in them and at the time I was chasing a
suspension problem.  It didn't fix the problem and the springs made a
springy noise when I turned.  Eventually I replaced the bushings and found
my suspension problem to be lower control arm bushings that were worn.  I
have since then installed poly urethane strut bearings and just used the
bushings from the stock bearings and they worked fine.  HTH!!

Dave