Yes, another braking question.

Tech question: 10.1" Mk1 braking

I just installed 10.1's on my 81 Mars Scirocco using the original
MS and BB that came with the car. (I am going to run the stock rear
drum setup for now.) After bleeding the brakes correctly I took the
car out for a test drive and noticed that the pedal travels further to the
floor before the grabbing begins than it did with the 9.4's. At first this
bothered me a little but after a few fast/hard stops I noticed that it will
definitely outbrake the earlier setup and I can easily and controllably
lock up the fronts, but heel-toe is out of the question without launching
the motor. I think that the 10.1 calipers probably hold more fluid and
that may be why the pedal travels further, but the car will stop on a
dime with about the same pedal pressure as before and is very linear.

My question is whether or not going a larger MS will give me back
the shorter pedal travel I had with the 9.4's. If so, are there more
than two types of OEM MS's that were available for the earlier
VW's and which one would be recommend for the solution to the
above inconvenience. I am assuming that I dont want the larger BB
because the pedal pressure is fine and I would like to stay away from
the exponential stopping power I felt with the 10.1's, BB and MS from
an 86? Scirocco 8V on my other 81 Scirocco. If this question has
already been answered, I apologize, just let me when it was posted
so I can find it in the archives.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Randy B.
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - 2.0L 16V
(under the knife OSP car)
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc
(my new CSP car until the other is done)