Re: Factory Stereo Wiring Harness.

A wiring harness for a stereo?  It seems to me that getting a few feet of
some high quality speaker wire, a positive, negative, and ignition lead are
all that you need.  I have a BP CD-player (excelent), very easy to splice.
If your serious about sound, then you will be running RCA's to the back,
under the carpet; and on the other side you will be running a pos-batt lead
with remote lead.  No need for a factory harness there!  Besides, did VW even
run and Ignition switched lead to the stereo?