Re: SV: Garrett Turbocharger

My Jetta is just a regular diesel.  No turbo.  Anyway, you mentioned that I
should add a newer turbo.  Well, I found out that the turbo I've got was off
an 85-86 Ford Mustang, T-Bird or Mercury Cougar with an automatic trans.  So
it's not new.  Is this going to cause any problems or would I still be able
to rig something up?  Is it just size that makes it better to use the newer
ones?  And does the fact that it came off an automatic mean anything? TIA!

Lee Folkman
'84 Wolfsburg Scirocco 8v (Hopefully, soon to be turbo)
'82 Jetta Diesel(225,000+ and can still get 50mpg)