aftermarket struts?

Hello everybody, I was gone for awhile as my '85
scirocco was in storage. Since the F150 died just
recently, the scirocco is back on the road. The
scirocco needs new struts.  Any experienced opinions
on what kind of struts I should get? Any suggestions
on installation might be helpful as well, especially
any specialized tools which might be needed. Thanks in
advance, and it is nice to see some of the old names
again...

Jorel Jackson
'85 Scirocco