ND show update

I just got a flyer in the mail from ND on the show.  Here are some details:

Show is Sunday, May 21st.  Set-up is from 8am till 9:45am.  Show time is from
10am to 3pm.  The Saturday cruise to Santa Cruz, preceded by a barbecue in
the Santa Clara area, is "tentative" at the moment, check their website for
updates.  The show will be at Santa Clara university this year, having
outgrown ND's relatively small venue at their shop.

Registration is $25 till 5/20, $35 at the gate.  We discussed having
EVERYBODY register and show their cars this year, so that we can have ALL
the cars together in one place.  The show WILL be grouping cars by type
this year, for the first time.  We even have our own division!  The groups
are: New Beetle, Scirocco, Passat, Mk1 Rabbit/Cabrio, Mk2, Mk3, Mk4, Corrado,
Audi, and "open".  The applications asks for "club award affiliations".  Well
we are really not a "club", but I humbly suggest we all registers as part
of "scirocco.org" - the club that isn't.

BTW that $25 includes TWO admissions and a show T-shirt - not a bad deal
at all!  There is mention of some RC car races and a toy car show, but
nothing (at least at this point) about an Autocross.. I'm guessing that
means it ain't gonna happen..  :(

We should try to start getting a head count on who's definitely coming,
who's on the fence, who's gonna try, etc, and start getting organized.
Oh yeah, they have some group rates on hotels in the area, including a
$69 rate at a Marriott Courtyard.  In the bay area, this is a STEAL, and
I highly recommend we set up our HQ at this joint.....

Comments/questions/suggestions??

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0