Low oil pressure

Alex,

I'm sure more knowledgeable folks will chime in, but when my dynamic oil
pressure sensor switch started leaking oil (in December), it ea hard to
find.  I have "T" fitting for oil pressure gauge sender, etc.  Anyways,
the replacement switchch had a lower pressure rating than the OEM.  I
think I paid ~$15 fro the sensor.  If you don't have oil pressure gauge
to install to check, maybe this sorta scheming VW fix for low oil
pressure may take care of your problem.  I forget what year your car is,
but VW did have plastic baffle clip-on from ~83 up.  Bro's 89 GTi even
had the plastic windage tray that I put on my 87 16V Scirocco
installed.  That piece is probably a cheap investment if you  use your
car hard and would give you chance to check/replace your oil pump if
necessary.

HTH,

ch --
Brian D./OH How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere
at all... Firesign Theatre