From: Lee Folkman [mailto:general_lee_f@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2000 10:51 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Garrett Turbocharger

I just bought a Garrett Turbocharger at a swapmeet cheap (hoping it works
good).  It's both water and oil cooled I am presuming by the looks of it.  I

was wondering if there was anyway to tell what kind it is?  It has the
serial number on it, where do I check that out at?  Also, where can I find
the other parts (intake/exhaust manifold, wastegate) for it new/used for
cheap/reasonable price?  Any other ideas? TIA!

Lee Folkman
'84 Wolfsburg Scirocco 8v (Hopefully, soon to be Turbo)
'82 Jetta Diesel(225,000+ and can still get 50mpg)