Garrett Turbocharger

I just bought a Garrett Turbocharger at a swapmeet cheap (hoping it works
good).  It's both water and oil cooled I am presuming by the looks of it.  I
was wondering if there was anyway to tell what kind it is?  It has the
serial number on it, where do I check that out at?  Also, where can I find
the other parts (intake/exhaust manifold, wastegate) for it new/used for
cheap/reasonable price?  Any other ideas? TIA!

Lee Folkman
'84 Wolfsburg Scirocco 8v (Hopefully, soon to be Turbo)
'82 Jetta Diesel(225,000+ and can still get 50mpg)