Re: making weighted short shifter

If I remember correctly, a couple people just went to the hardware store and bought some weights and attached them to the rod.  They bought a bar a soldering iron as the weight.

I did this, but made a mold out of a piece of wood.  I melted the bar of soldering iron and poured it into the mold (w/ the bar in it, obviously) and let it dry.  Works great and cost me a couple of bucks!!

Contact me if you need more detail.

Victor

>>> "Michael Leach" <mleach@enipower.com> 02/28 10:07 AM >>>
     I remember someone out there making weighted short shifters I have an
     extra one of the metal rods to do this so who was it that was making
     them?????

     thanks