Re: Dual inlet downpipe

I got a 4-2 manifold WITH the stock dual downpipe attached (from a
diesel rabbit) for $50 from a junkyard.  I decided to go w/ the
Techtonics dual downpipe for $100 because it had larger diameter
rubing than the stock downpipe.  This setup worked really well w/ a
Audi 5k Throttle body, 2" TT exhaust and a G-grind cam.  Lots of
torque!

If you can get a used 4-2 manifold, try and get one from a diesel
car, as those motors tend to run cooler, and the exhaust manifolds
tend not to crack as much.  In any case, if ou get a used manifold,
check it carefully for hairline fractures.  They are pretty sturdy
though, being cast iron and all.

Victor Farren

>>> Nate Mellom <bronson@inwave.com> 02/28 10:02 AM >>>
How much can I expect to pay for a dual inlet downpipe?  If all goes
well I'll be replacing my engine with a 1.7 from a 1981 Scirocco S
with
the dual outlet manifold.  Autotech has one for $99....if that par?
Anyone have one used?

Nate
'84 with a located transplant!!