Re: making weighted short shifter

Approximately how much weght did you add? My car is in storage right now and I'm about to change the shifter bushings. I was thinking about adding a weight, and since I have a machine shop, I was going to
machine 2 pieces, drill a hole, the dia. of the rod through both pieces together, then attach using 2 screws.
Do you really feel a difference?