Re: making weighted short shifter

At 10:07 AM 02/28/2000 -0500, Michael Leach wrote:
>     I remember someone out there making weighted short shifters I have an
>     extra one of the metal rods to do this so who was it that was making
>     them?????
>

>     thanks
Up here in Maine a lot of the old timers like lead flashing(for the drip of
your house's roof) and so Home Depot carries it.  It is thin lead sheet
about 6" or so wide, and could be rolled around the rod, or melted and
poured into a homemade mold.  And it's  cheap.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4