Re: Repairing 16V Downpipe

At 01:36 AM 02/27/2000 -0400, Sal Guzzo wrote:
>Can these downpipes be readily repaired? I have a 16V downpipe from a
>scirocco whic will be going into my 81 Scirocco 16V project. The downpipe
>is broken at the flex joint. Can I weld it back together or shall I just
>consider getting a new one? Does the downpipe include the cat or how does
>the thing work.
>
>BTW, I may have the opportunity to purchase a used SS 16V downpipe. How
>much should I expect to pay for such an item. Thanks

You can buy a new flex joint and have it welded on; probably the most
economical fix.  The last time I checked, the Techtonics SS 16V
downpipe(with cat) was $400 new.  Don't know about used though.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4