RE: Why my '81 16v won't start? (part 2)

>Hi Dave. I was jsut looking through all the posts that I had saved about
>your dilemma; and I came to this very same conclusion so far.

Thanks for your continued help, Chris... Here's my findings:

>1. Jump the FPR (placee wire between terminals 87 and 30)
>2. Listen for fuel pump buzzing
>3. Crank engine over and observe spark
>4. If these things are working then the engine should run provided it is in
>time and all that shit.

Step 1 and 2 went just fine, but I observed no spark.

The Ignition Control Unit electrical test (outlined in the Bentley for the
'89 GLI 16v) passes. Also passing is the Hall Sender, CIS-E computer and
Knock computer. Everything I tested passes. And it makes sense, since
everything worked in the 16v GLI before I took the engine out of it.

>5. Remove MKI relay and install the one from the Jetta.

I would, but a different pin configuration exists.

Also, Chris, my fuse #10 blew out when I jumpered the fuel pump, and
attempted starting the car. I hope this has something to do with the
problem.

-Dave
'81 Scirocco 16v (work in progress)
'87 Subaru GL 4WD Wagon