higher effort w/power steering?

Good evenin', peoples... I'm going the wussy boy route on my Mk1 and
will be installing power steering. I really dig the fact that has a
quicker ratio and that I won't have sweat while parallel parking
anymore. However, the optimum amount of power assist should be a bit
less than stock, imo.

I thought about an underdrivepulley to slow the pump down but there's
obviously no room to fit it, right? Or, maybe I could use some kind of
bleed off valve to reduce the pressure? Then, again I could also run a
restrictor in the lines. But, that would raise the pressure even more or
would it?.. Alright, and how could one limit the assist when traveling
quickly but increase it at parking speed?

Ehh... Beavis?...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut