Re: transmission adjustment.

NooooOOOOOoO!. Do other adjustments before you even _touch_ the
splines.

The basic place to start is the plate under the shift boot. Once
it's aligned with the two holes there then go for the 15 mm
reverse lockout gate under the shifter ball, Helps to have a
helper up top.

The splines are set at one time, there should be no need to
'mess' with them

TBerk