Blaupunkt Harnesses

OK, here's the deal...
I took the Blaupunkt radio out and installed my own, with Haynes (ugh) and the German BP instructions.  Yes I read German.  Anyways, I got the brown and red hooked up OK, but there was a blue/white striped one from the harness.  It was the only one left (no black for ignition positive).
When the BP radio was hooked up, the radio came on with no key in.  Now, in order to apply power to the radio, I have to have the parking lights on.  What gives?  I don't have the Bentley manual yet, and I have been dealing with electronics for the Navy for a decade, but I am at a loss... any ideas?

Matt Smith
85 Mars Red 8V

A Driver Found....