Re: hypothetically speaking....

ROTFLOL!!! Sorry, it is a very good story though. I have no idea as to the
compatability of grocery bags and clutches. Never tried it. I say run what
ya got! If you are planning on fixing it anyway you will find out if serious
damage (unlikely IMHO) has been done when you fix it.

>say someone put a plastic grocery bag over the timing hole on his
>transmission (with no timing plug in it) to prevent coolant from getting in
>it while changing hoses......and then started the car, and forgetting about
>the bag.....then to discover that the bag was sucked in (hypothetically,
>let say pieces of the bag were present after the car was shut down, blown
>out the hole).......do you guys think it would cause any permanent damage
>to be driven like this?...(nasty cleanup of the flywheel/pressure
>plate?).....the clutch disc is going to be replaced shortly anyway due to
>oil soaking from a leaking seal, so i am not worried about
>that........would it be best to not find out and just not drive it till i,
>erm a person who hypothecially might have done this, can get the new clutch
>disc in?.....(the car hypothetically has not been driven at this point)...
>
>*feeling like a dumbass*
>
>dave
>

>--

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (now with a happy shaved, solenoid operated trunk)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco