Re: Blaupunkt Harnesses

If I remember correctly, the blue & white wire is for
the dimmer.  The lights turn on, and the face lights
get dimmer for night driving.  hehehe - if you hooked
that up to the power, it'll only run when the lights
are on.  I can't remember which color wire it is, but
I tested to see which wire in the steering column was
hot when the key was in, and spliced into that.

My stereo was a bundle of spaghetti after the PO let
the car get broken into.. I still find glass chunks in
the car every now and again.

--- Matt Smith <ew1737@home.com> wrote:
> OK, here's the deal...
> I took the Blaupunkt radio out and installed my own,
> with Haynes (ugh) and the German BP instructions.
> Yes I read German.  Anyways, I got the brown and red
> hooked up OK, but there was a blue/white striped one
> from the harness.  It was the only one left (no
> black for ignition positive).
> When the BP radio was hooked up, the radio came on
> with no key in.  Now, in order to apply power to the
> radio, I have to have the parking lights on.  What
> gives?  I don't have the Bentley manual yet, and I
> have been dealing with electronics for the Navy for
> a decade, but I am at a loss... any ideas?
>
> Matt Smith
> 85 Mars Red 8V
>
> A Driver Found....

=====