Stuff

Greetings,

I've had my 85 8V (for $900) for about a week and so far, getting a decent day to work on it has been difficult to say the least.  OK, to the important stuff:

1.  I need to fix the split fold down rear seats, the POS I bought the car from was a mechnical idiot.  The buttons are stuck in the down position, but the seats won't free up.  Any suggestions?

2.  I need to change out the headlights, and would like to get the euro style lights.  Any good place to get them (ie chain auto parts stores, etc)?

3.  If I wanted to get new rubber and rims (I have the stock 13" rims and no name rubber, again thanks to the POS former owner), what would be a good match?

Thanks for all the info, so far the list has helped me rewire a stereo (which was promptly stolen :( my fault), replace a window regulator, and repaint the front and rear bumpers (with PlastiKote trim paint).

Happy motoring :)

Matt Smith

http://members.home.net/vw/index.html

Check here for updates on what I'm doing to make the daily driver a mean SOB.