Re: Stuff

> 1.  I need to fix the split fold down rear seats, the POS I bought the
> car from was a mechnical idiot.  The buttons are stuck in the down
> position, but the seats won't free up.  Any suggestions?

  if it's anything like the front seats, it could be a broken cable.
also sounds like the return mechanism could be broken. can't halpe you
much more than that, htouhg, since i have a complete fold down rear
seat.

> 2.  I need to change out the headlights, and would like to get the
> euro style lights.  Any good place to get them (ie chain auto parts
> stores, etc)?

  euro headlights...illegal, i think (you'll find out). you may be able
to find a setup which looks like them, but i'm unsure. be nice to have,
though. much, much brighter than us spec headlights.

> 3.  If I wanted to get new rubber and rims (I have the stock 13" rims
> and no name rubber, again thanks to the POS former owner), what would
> be a good match?

  stock? you mean you have the crappy little steel rims like me? i'm not
talking about 'tarantula' wheels that came on most (apparently not all)
sciroccos. their 13' also. i also have sears tires :) which were made by
michelin, so don't bunk a tire simply because it's a "no name". even
some of the best tires are made by the names stamped on them (first-hand
knowledge). as for larger rims, i've heard everything from they make the
car look like a 4x4 (recent post) to the fact that they can bottom out.
i suppose it's what you want. 20", good luck. 14" or 15", you should be
okay. i was also told that if you wanted different rims to make sure
their hub-centric.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com