Sidelined w/ 16v CIS-E Fuel Probs.

resending this as I'm not sure it got through:

My 16v just stranded me for the first time since
my clutch cable snapped 3 years ago. Stalled
at a light and now wont start. Have spark, but
pulled an injector to find no fuel, although the
5th injector flows. I played w/ the air flow
plate thingy and get good fuel flow through the
injectors when I manually lift the plate and operate
the pump so fuel distributor seems to work. Now try to
start it by itself and no fuel comes out..I'm guessing the
plate binds and the plunger in the fuel distributor
gets stuck. Plate seems to be well centred..no obvious
vaccuum leaks. Is it most likely gunk in the fuel distributor??
I haven't been driving the car much all winter..that doesn't
seem to be too good for it..I've always had good gas and a
good fuel filter.. Thanks,
Kareem
'81 Scirocco S
'88 Scirocco 16v