Re: Rear wheel bearing and caliper tech questions

At 01:17 AM 02/16/2000 -0500, XXSpArCoXx@aol.com wrote:
>    OK Rear wheel bearing and caliper tech questions as I stated are simple
>ones.
>OK One.
>What do the two wheel bearings get pressed to in the rear? The axles or the
>disc itself. Or one to the disc and one to the axle? I lost my Bentley and
>want to know how big of a job this is going to be since I haven't done it in
>about two years.

The bearings on the rear are not pressed in; they just go in.  The bearing
races on the other hand are pressed in.  The best thing for you to do is
get a new Bentley first.

>Second.
>Is there a rebuild for the rear calipers? I don't think mine are that bad,
>but one is grabbing more then the other and wearing out the pad faster.
>
>I guess the third question would be if there isn't any rebuild kit for my
>calipers what can I use to replace them? Anyone know what VW/Audi rear
>calipers would bolt up to the rocco 16v swing arm?

I'm not sure of that one.  Most of us just replace them because they're
cheap when considering life time warranty.  Mine were about $60 a piece w/
lifetime warranty too.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4