Re: NEW update Oil leak

Chris DeLong wrote:

> This is your oil pressure switch. It is very common for this leak to happen.
> They are pretty cheap (about 6$ ea). And yes it will cause you to lose very
> large quantities of oil in a very short period of time. HTH
>

> >OK Guys this list is so great, helping me out with suggestions keep them
> >coming.
> >
> >Here is another curve ball for ya.  In searching for the oil leak I come
> >across one of the sensors on the oil cooler I squeeze the rubber boot and
> >squish, all this oil spurts out. Start engine, warm up check leak and it
> >actually seems like there is oil coming from this sensor???????  Can this
> >happen??? Can this sensor cause me to loose a quart of oil in 4 days? Hmmm.
> >Anyone with this experience?  Thanks again.

where is the oil pressure switch located and how is it replaced ?

Would falling compression (idle...) mean falling oil pressure....and finally
engine cut off ??

 |   Etop Udoh     | SOUTHERN POLYTECHNIC STATE UNIVERSITY [89-##]     |
 |  P.O. Box 4234  |  Http://www.mindspring.com/~s_druid               |
 |  Marietta, Ga   |  Http://www.freeyellow.com/members7/sdruid        |
 |     30061       |  Http://www.homestead.com/~s_druid/files/index.htm|
 |-----------------|  Http://sdruid.iwarp.com                          |
 |                 |  Http://s_druid.home.mindspring.com               |
 |                 |  Http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/bit/9122  |
 |    *** s_druid@mindspring.com *** s_druid1@hotmail.com ***          |
 |                 .....TRUST NO ONE - DENY EVERYTHING.....            |