Re: same key....interesting

> Tonight I went to get in my winter Rocco, unlocked
> the door and proceeded to put the key in the
> ignition.  The radio came on, but the key wouldn't
> turn.  To my surprise, I found out that I was using
> the key from my other Roc.  HMMMMM.....something
> strange here.  Why do the keys from one car unlock
> the door to the other.
>
> I wonder if the key to my silver car will open the
> black car.  I hope not.
>
> Anyone else with more than one VW tried this?

My friend's parents own a VW dealership and he had
this bucket filled with VW keys so I took one from a
Passat VR6 1993. To my suprise, I can open my friend's
trunk and start the car on his 92 Golf with it. I
can't open either door with it though... Kinda weird.

Solution to this problem?

Lockless door handles!!! How is someone going to stick
their key in the door if there is no key hole??!?!

Let em' figure out that one!! :)

=====
Paul Maione (The Burnt Kid)
Scirocco 86' 8v Flash Silver