Re: same key....interesting

--- Casey Webster <tinfool@home.com> wrote:
> Tonight I went to get in my winter Rocco, unlocked the
> door and proceeded to put the key in the ignition.  The
> radio came on, but the key wouldn't turn.  To my
> surprise, I found out that I was using the key from my
> other Roc.  HMMMMM.....something strange here.  Why do
> the keys from one car unlock the door to the other.
>
> I wonder if the key to my silver car will open the black
> car.  I hope not.
>
> Anyone else with more than one VW tried this?
>
> Casey
> 84 Black Wolfsburg Roc
> 84 Silver Winter Wolfsburg Roc

I hate to add even more to this thread, but...

My friend Kim and I had traded cars for the week. (she
worked at the dealer at the time so she took it in for me,
I got to drive her Waterfest winning 'rocco for the week)
When I went to pick mine up I unlocked it, drove out of the
service area, got out and relocked the the car and only
THEN did I discover I was using HER key in my 16v.  It
became a bit of a joke from then on...

=====
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco    <---SOLD :(
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v (2)
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry