Re: same key....interesting

I have a ring of about 100 keys for VW's and chances are that if I misplace
my keys I can find one to fit any of the cars that I have to open. I have
even helped friends open their cars when they lose their keys.

>Tonight I went to get in my winter Rocco, unlocked the door and proceeded
>to put the key in the ignition.  The radio came on, but the key wouldn't
>turn.  To my surprise, I found out that I was using the key from my other
>Roc.  HMMMMM.....something strange here.  Why do the keys from one car
>unlock the door to the other.
>
>I wonder if the key to my silver car will open the black car.  I hope not.
>
>Anyone else with more than one VW tried this?
>
>Casey
>84 Black Wolfsburg Roc
>84 Silver Winter Wolfsburg Roc

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (now with a happy shaved, solenoid operated trunk)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco