Re: same key....interesting

Casey
He he he, about 10 years ago I had a 1980 Rabbit and a friend at
the time had a early 80 Jetta. One night while out partying I used
my key to open his car to move it out of the driveway (had a few
beers) and my key worked in his door but I tried for a couple
minutes, cussing at the car, to start it to no avail. I finially realized
that I was using my key. We then tried his key in my door and
ignition and it worked in the door but not the ignition, go figure.
Luckily we were really good friends so no locks had to be changed :)
I guess there's only so many codes to go around.

Randy B.
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - soon to be 2.0L 16V
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc

Tonight I went to get in my winter Rocco, unlocked the door and proceeded to put the key in the ignition.  The radio came on, but the key wouldn't turn.  To my surprise, I found out that I was using the key from my other Roc.  HMMMMM.....something strange here.  Why do the keys from one car unlock the door to the other.

I wonder if the key to my silver car will open the black car.  I hope not.

Anyone else with more than one VW tried this?

Casey
84 Black Wolfsburg Roc
84 Silver Winter Wolfsburg Roc