Oil pan gasket change gone very bad

Well last week I changed it, and a week later I am 1 1/2 quarts low and there
is oil streamed all along the bottom of my car all the way to the tailpipe.
What did I do wrong, all the bolts are tight.  I asked the guy that sold me
the gasket, do I need to use any sealer with this and he said no just put it
on.  So I cleaned all the gunk off the pan and put the new one on. I am so
pissed because what was a one to two drop of oil per week turned into a 1 1/2
quart per week leak. ANy hints from anybody who has done this before will be
greatly appreciated.

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html