Re: Alternative to Quaife?

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:21:15 -0500 Scott Williams <sfwilliams@home.com>
writes:

>The Velocity kit works and may be worth the money invested, but don't
even think
>of them as a Quaiffe alternative. If you can afford a Quaiffe don't
think twice
>about buying one. If you can't, then by all means get the Velocity kit.
Remember
>that installation of the Quaiffe requires complete disassembly (and then
you
>might as well rebuild it and replace the clutch).

During my travels this weekend, ive learned that the "Peloquin"
differential will soon be available for the 020 tranny. It should be
somewhat cheaper than the Quaife and for those who have used it in
comparison, say its better than the Quaife.
Mind you this is all hearsay, but my sources are EXTREMELY reliable to
this sort of info.
I think I will hold out for a Peloquin for my FSP project. :)

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and