Re: 16v power probs...

Stupid question but, do the rpm's go up and the car doesnt go faster for
awhile? It could be your clutch. Although this probably wouldnt explain you
idle situation.

Have you checked the mixture? Do the symtoms change when it has cold/hot
engine? What about your fuel filter?

Hope this helps and gives you some more things to think about.

>Ok, my car still doesn't want to run worth shit. Symptoms are poor idle and
>hardly any power when I try to accelerate. We're talking having the
>throttle wide open and waiting for the engine to catch up.
>Now so far I've replaced the O2 sensor, I ditched the cat, spark plugs and
>wires are cool. What else should I begin to check? I don't think it has any
>vaccum leaks...
>Anyone help me narrow down my search?
>Tyler
>

>--

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (now with a happy shaved, solenoid operated trunk)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco