Re: self adjusting clutch cable...

Replacing your clutch cable with a self-adjusting cable is a very bad idea.
These self adjusting cables have a tendencey to "forget" to adjust
themselves and consequently fry your clutch. I would recommend buying a new
manual adjusting cable for 18$. Its alot cheaper than the self adjusting one
and it will make your clutch last longer :)

>is it possible to re-compress the spring mechanism that is inside the self
>adjusting clutch cable?......i know it's possible because i did it before,
>but i guess it was just dumb luck because i am having trouble doing it to
>another one i pulled form a parts car and want to reinstall......any
>tricks/advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated
>thanks
>dave
>

>--

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (now with a happy shaved, solenoid operated trunk)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco