Re: (non-roc) Coustic amplifiers

>The first guy is right.  It is possible that the amp is not bridgeable.

It has a switch on it for bridging so it would lead mee to think that it is
bridgeable.

  If
>it's some of their low-end stuff it is possible that the black wires
>represent the negative wires for each respective speaker while the yellow
>and
>blue(or whatever they are) are the positives.

This was my thought too but, I dont know which wires are the ones to connect
for bridging

My guess is that the only way
>to bridge this (which might create a meltdown if this is wrong) would be to
>hook the black(match for the blue or yellow) to that of the opposite wire.
>Not for nothing but if it is indeed a kicker solobaric,  it might not sound
>too great unless you have a good high-power amp.

This amp is rated at 250 watts RMS. It should be enough to power the woofer.

I had previously been running a Harmon Kardon amp which was significantly
smaller than the Coustic amp.

I checked out their website and it has nothing for their older stuff. Kinda
dissapointing IMHO. When I had to hook up my Audio Control 4XS their
weebsite had everything I needed to know.

Thanks for the replies though

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (now with a happy shaved, solenoid operated trunk)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco