Re: 16v power probs...

Sounds more like a fuel problem.  FIRST!!!  Check all your normal tune-up
parts/systems (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, timing, air and fuel filters,
compression, air fuel ratio, idle, O2 sensor, condition of fuel) and any
other basic system/part like air/vacc. hoses and clamps, injector seals,
etc.  Then, I would check the power of the spark.  I have seen weak spark
cause this same problem (along with hard starts).  Then check fuel pressure,
see if you still have that filter in the banjo bolt (fuel supply bolt) and
remove it or find a banjo bolt without the filter.  If you are blowing black
smoke out the back you are running rich (which is what I suspect).  Once you
have all the basics covered, you know the tune is good, you know the spark
is good, you know that at least the fuel distributor is getting fuel, you
can start checking other more complicated parts like the air flow plate
pontentiometer, or the differential pressure regulator, voltages and
continuity/ohms at the computer, thermo temperature sensor, injector spray,
cold start valve, etc.  Now, this may be a catch for you, but in order to
work on your own car, YOU MUST HAVE TOOLS to do all of these simple things.
CIS fuel pressure kit is about $40 or so, a good multimeter maybe around $50
or so, a spark tester, about $10, a Bentley for your vehicle and if you have
swapped anything, a Bentley for the car the other parts came from (engine,
trans, fuel system, etc.).  Without these tools and some other more basic
ones (you can make an air fuel ratio gauge with a multimeter and a spare O2
sensor), getting help from this list, your neighbor, your friend and the
shop, or wherever else, won't help.  Anyway, you want to always start with
the basics, tune and adjustments.  If all you need is a set of wires, then
you don't want to be replacing your fuel filter and clutch!!!  HTH!!!!!  Let
us all know how this turns out!!

Dave