Re: Dent in down pipe on a 16V

The "dent" is what we exhaust guys call a "flat".  After the pipe has been bent
to the proper shape, it gets placed in a "flat press" and the flat spot is
created according to the product design prints.  This is common when we have a
deep, small radius axle bend and the application requires extra clearance, or
for when you need to squeeze past a swaybar or a fuel tank.  This is less common
on our Dynomax product line since the customer is so sensitive to performance
factors, but in most applications you will never be able to tell the difference
between a pipe w/the flat and one without.

Bill Scarince

"David & Michelle Barwick" <dbarwick@sprynet.com> on 02/10/2000 12:17:42 PM