Re: HOLY CRAP!

At 03:09 PM 02/09/2000 -0500, Jan Folkson wrote:
>Hey John,
>
>No joke.  It's been leaking for about a year now just didn't know where it
>was coming from.  The fact that its been sitting for a few months allowed us
>to see where it was coming from without it burning off first.  Definitely
>from the trans seals, all 3 engine seals and v/c gasket.  But while you've
>got all that apart...
>

>BTW I didn't mention that the car has never had any engine work done except
>a water pump replacement in 14 years.  Except for the water pump, battery,
>gas tank, shocks and now the exhaust the car is all original (except brakes
>and tires o/c).  And has never had any body work done.
>
>- Jan Folkson

Well at least it's been reliable for you.  Do you do any work on the car
yourself?  If so, you could save a lot of money by doing it yourself and by
buying the parts from someone like Potterman.  I built my 2.0 16V last year
and had to replace all these seals too, but it was nowhere near that much
money.  Just a thought.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4