Re: HOLY CRAP!

Hey John,

No joke.  It's been leaking for about a year now just didn't know where it
was coming from.  The fact that its been sitting for a few months allowed us
to see where it was coming from without it burning off first.  Definitely
from the trans seals, all 3 engine seals and v/c gasket.  But while you've
got all that apart...

The fact is that the leaks are so minor that I could probably ignore it and
never have it cause any concern other than some drip marks in the garage.  I
don't even need to add oil between changes, but it's only going to get
worse, not right away, but I'm planning on keeping the car for a long time.

BTW I didn't mention that the car has never had any engine work done except
a water pump replacement in 14 years.  Except for the water pump, battery,
gas tank, shocks and now the exhaust the car is all original (except brakes
and tires o/c).  And has never had any body work done.

- Jan Folkson

'86 16V
'99 Passat 1.8T
'00 Beetle GLX 1.8T