Re: Help! Front End Problems

At 02:37 PM 02/09/2000 -0500, Jason wrote:
What parts should I replace...all Control Arm Bushings, Ball
Joints, Tie-rod ends ?

Stock is good, but if you know a "better" brand and it reputable, why not.  What should you replace?  Well what is bad?  Use the Bentley to guide you, hopefully you have one(if not that should be the first thing you get).  Ball joints, in my opinion, are the most common things to fail in that area.  So check them first.  You should be able to see the bushings enough now to tell if they look good.  Tie rod ends.....how is the steering?  Free play?  Any other questins just ask.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)